Monday 23 January 2012

the US government sucks

For two reasons.

1. All governments are corrupt so they automatically suck.

2. SOPA. Do you know about the Stop Online Piracy Act? If you had a research paper due last January 19 like I did, you most probably do!

I had a busy week last week so I only had time to do our research paper last Wednesday. The research paper was supposed to be a group thing, but since we all know "group work" means "I do the group's work," I did the group's work.

I asked my group mates to do this part of Chapter 1 and research this and that for Chapter 2 and not to just copy-paste whole paragraphs from shady sites. But as expected, they did just that. So that leaves me to do the actual research from said shady sites. The only comfort I had was knowing that Wikipedia would have all the answers I needed. So research I did!
le me, doing research.

I knew a few days before that Wikipedia was having a black-out on the 18th, but due to stress and sleep-deprivation, I forgot. So imagine my annoyance when I clicked on the Wikipedia link and got redirected to this:


YES, WIKIPEDIA. WE SEE YOUR POINT. A WORLD WITHOUT YOU IS NO WORLD. JUST LET ME DO MY RESEARCH IN PEACE DAMNIT.

In my head, I was all: "Oh, fuck you, Wikipedia. You're just a useless pile of pixels that makes everyone's internet connection slower." Then after a while, I felt bad for what I said and apologized to Wiki and decided to blame the US government (and our research teacher) instead for my suffering.

PS: Guess what time I woke up the next day? I DIDN'T! 'Cause I didn't go to sleep and ended up falling asleep in all my classes.



Lesson for the day: When all else fails, just go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment