Friday 3 February 2012

naked muscle men and algebra

Finally our teacher has decided to reveal to us the answer to yesterday's mystery.

But I'll be an ass and make you wait 'til the end of the post to know the answer. After all, she made us wait three classes.

(Yes, we had three Algebra classes today. It wasn't very fun.)

Our math teacher. She's lucky she's old and cute.

She asked us several questions to try to clarify some things. But no one saw what was practical in throwing a ball from a 144 ft. building (It could hurt someone. It should be illegal.) and no one knew how to illustrate it.

She gave us two more questions:
d) When will the ball hit the ground?
e) Graph. (Not a question, I know)

This is what I came up with:

Then when some of us were done graphing, she said she wanted to see the building in the graph. So I did this:

And then she asked two students where they think the building should be. She drew a building on the board and my two classmates drew the axes in different locations. Then she had us arguing about the fucking axes for the rest of the period. On the second period, she finally gave us the correct graph.

But of course the ball doesn't just stop in mid-air. That would be sorcery.

But the point is (hehe bad pun) the origin should be on the top of the building. Not the ground. And to get the time it takes for the ball to hit the ground, use -144 for H.

How the person was able to throw the ball 144 ft up in the air, I have no idea.

But I'm pretty sure we do need yesterday's naked hunky dude with a fake tan and blond hair with superhuman powers for this job.





Lesson learned: If hit by a ball near a 144 ft. building, look up for naked madman throwing balls. Yes. I know. It sounds wrong.


This is our teacher, pelting my friend with bits of chalk to help us visualize the trajectory thing.
SHE'S SO CUTE.
And yes, she really did this.

3 comments:

  1. I seriously love the drawings! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aloha! I have nominated you for my questions! http://blueskygazing.blogspot.com/p/my-awesome-randomness.html x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hihi thank you :> It's hard as crap to draw on paint and I'm glad you appreciate my drawings!

    And thank you for tagging me! I feel loved (sort of) ;_; :))

    ReplyDelete